I melted my new towel with a space heater

My husband, Todd, and I have been living in an old farmhouse for almost twelve years now.

We love the feel of the old house, but it is not easy to maintain.

It seems like there is always something to fix up around here, and we do not have a lot of time to do that. Not only do we not have time to fix things, but we also do not have time to reinsulated the entire house. We knew that the house would need a new installation job, but we never got around to doing it. My husband was saving his personal days from work to do the job himself, but he ended up breaking his leg and having to use the days for that. Now, we are stuck waiting until next year unless a miracle happens. We only have one bathroom in the entire house, and it is the coldest room in the house during the winter time. I really hate that the bathroom is cold because it makes me dread taking a shower and even going to the bathroom in the middle of the night. My husband suggested putting a space heater in the bathroom, so I did. We have had the space heater in there for about four winters now, and I have never accidently set something on it until this year. I try to be super careful because I do not want to melt anything. Well, I guess I forgot and set my brand new towel on the space heater and left it there all day long. Thankfully, it did not get hot enough to catch fire or anything like that. It just melted a hole through my brand new towel. I cannot wait to get our house insulated so that we do not have to worry about space heaters anymore.

 

Heating corporation