I shouldn’t leave this on long

When I was a little girl, we lived across the street from a woman who was a persistent smoker. She smoked cigarettes all the time and periodically, she would even fall asleep with a cigarette in her hand. My dad consistently said that one afternoon, my neighbor was going to accidentally burn her house down with one of those cigarettes! We were not surprised when one night, we were awakened by the sound of fire trucks. sure enough, my neighbor’s house was on fire! Thankfully, she was able to escape and she told us later that it hadn’t been a cigarette that caused the fire after all. Since it was in the middle of winter, she had been running one of those old fashioned space gas heating systems in her house. Her house was old and drafty, and she didn’t have a central heating component or an replaced HVAC component installed in there! Instead, she would only heat with space gas heating systems (like the doomed one) or with her fireplace. She said that on that fateful night, she had run out of firewood and the temperature was steadily dropping inside her house. Since she didn’t have a gas furnace or another kind of gas furnace to use, she decided to turn on her space heater instead. She said she was only going to leave it on for a little while, just until the interior temperature had heated up a little bit, but unfortunately, she had fallen asleep while the gas furnace was turned on and her large dog had somehow knocked it over… Once that happened, it had only taken a few thirds for the entire house to ignite and go up in flames.

TN bowes 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *