When I was a little girl, we lived across the street from a guy who was a persistent smoker. He smoked cigarettes all the time and sometimes, he would even fall asleep with a cigarette in his hand… My dad constantly said that one afternoon, my neighbor was going to accidentally burn his apartment down with one of those cigarettes, we were not surprised when one night, we were awakened by the sound of fire trucks, but sure enough, my neighbor’s apartment was on fire! Thankfully, he was able to escape and he told us later that it hadn’t been a cigarette that caused the fire after all. Since it was in the middle of Wintertime, he had been running one of those old fashioned space heaters in his house. His apartment was old and drafty, and he didn’t have a central heating machine or an upgraded Heating and A/C machine installed in there, and instead, he would only heat with space heaters (like the doomed one) or with his fireplace. He said that on that fateful night, he had run out of firewood and the temperature was steadily dropping inside his house. Since he didn’t have an gas furnace or another kind of heating plan to use, he decided to turn on his space furnace instead. He said he was only going to leave it on for a little while, just until the interior temperature had heated up a little bit… Unfortunately, he had fallen asleep while the furnace was turned on and his sizable animal had somehow knocked it over. Once that happened, it had only taken a few hours for the entire apartment to ignite and go up in flames.